- 1 – 1 1/4 hours
- This squad is aimed at swimmers who have now developed the technique and skills across the four strokes and who wish to continue their development for competitive swimming.
- Swimmers are encouraged to participate in club nights and junior carnivals.
- Swimmers will now be introduced to the aerobic component of training, along with the development of speed whilst maintaining technique.
- In progressing to Development Squad, swimmers will display a high level of aerobic capacity in a kick, pull and swim component.
- Swimmers will learn lane etiquette , how to understand the pace clock, training terminology, correct starts and finishes for each stroke and perfecting their dives.
Junior Competitive Squad
- The next progression of squads in the program.
- Whilst maintaining a strong focus on technique and developing competitive skills, swimmers will be introduced to more advanced drills and a broader knowledge of what it takes to be a swimmer.
- Swimmers will show a high level of motivation whilst at training. The recommended number of sessions is 3+ per week.
- In progressing to Junior Competitive Squad, swimmers must display a certain level of aerobic and anaerobic capacity in a kick, pull and swim component.
- They must also show great levels of commitment to the sport, willingness to continue into competitive swimming, and a high level of self–motivation.
Senior Competitive Squad
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 hours
- This squad is aimed at swimmers who have taken up competitive swimming and wish to continue to compete at a Regional and/or State Level.
- Swimmers demonstrate a good level of technique and will continue to improve on this whilst also improving fitness and speed.
- The recommended number of sessions is 4 – 6 per week.
- In progressing to Senior Competitive Squad, swimmers will be competing at State level competitions, with the goals of progressing towards National level competitions.
- They will show a commitment of 6-9 sessions per week, be highly motivated, and demonstrate the aerobic and anaerobic needs to continue to improve in taking the next step in their sport.
- 45 mins
- Open to swimmers 8 years and over.
- All levels.
- This squad focuses on technique improvement and overall fitness.
- Drills for loop swimming and open water swimming are used to improve their technique and fitness.
- This squad is a 45 minute session allowing them to improve their endurance.
- We work on dives and turns, as well as how to understand the pace clock.
- All levels catered for, from Learn to Swim to Masters.
Ironman Triathlon Training
- The focus is on triathletes and in particular half or full ironman distances.
- These Squad sessions are currently full due to the popularity and success of our sessions!
Why Star Swim
Teaching children to swim is ALL we do!! The pools at Star Swim are heated to 33C year round (indoor Magnesium Learn to Swim pool & outdoor 25m 6 lane pool) which makes it a warm and comfortable place for your child to learn to swim.
Star Swim has small class sizes, our program has been carefully designed to maximise your child’s development with caring staff who are passionate about their profession, well experienced and highly trained.
For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange a free trial.